We are relying on God to use our writing
to share the work of the Spirit in a fresh way
We believe that:
- God is a Living God (John 11:25) and that His Word is living and powerful (Hebrews 4:12).
- Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6).
- Jesus is a God of grace and truth (John 1:14; 1:17; 4:28).
- Jesus is three persons in one: Father, Son, and Spirit (Matthew 3:16).
- Jesus came to the earth, was born of a virgin (Matthew 1:23), died on the cross to forgive our sins, and rose again conquering sin, the devil (Genesis 3:15), and death (1 Corinthians 15:3-4, 1 Corinthians 15:55-57).
- In the reality of eternal life and heaven as the destination and hope for those who believe (John 3:16).
- We are all sinners (Romans 3:23) who all stand guilty before a holy and just God because we have all violated his standard of holiness (James 2:10) and we all have a debt we cannot pay.
- Christ is just and loving, dying on the cross to pay our debt by taking on Himself the punishment for our sins so we could be forgiven and ultimately go to heaven (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- When we receive Gods provision of forgiveness, we receive eternal life, and all the spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1).
- Salvation is through Christ alone which happen when we realize we are sinners, repent of sin, and embrace grace by faith (Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 7:10; Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9; Romans 10:9-10).
- Salvation is not attained by works but is accepted as a free gift of God known as grace (Ephesians 2:8) and is attained in Jesus Christ alone (Acts 4:12; Isaiah 45:5).
- The message of grace and truth found in the gospel is powerful and is the message that we share through this blog.(“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life,” John 3:16 NLT).
- Christ came to seek and save that which was lost (Luke 19:10), to heal the broken hearted (Isaiah 61:1), and to set people free (John 8:36; Isaiah 61:1 ), bring victory to peoples lives ( 1 John 5:4 ) and to ultimately transform lives ( 2 Corinthians 5:17).
- We, as writers of this team, are products of this transformation. As new creations in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17) we are what we are by the grace of God (1 Corinthians 5:10).
- Jesus’ heart is that all would accept His free offer of grace and that no one would perish and experience hell because they chose to reject Christ’s’ provision of forgiveness (2 Peter 3:9).
- God has gifted us with the ability to chose him or reject him, to either receive blessings in this life and the one to come, or the destructive consequences of a life apart from Him (Deuteronomy 30:15-20).
- Christ is returning as a Groom for His Bride (the church/believer) to establish His new kingdom on Earth (Revelation 21:9-27), and we want to be ready for His return by having a right relationship with God (1 Corinthians 15:52; Matthew 25:1-13; Revelation 19: 8-9).
- God is our source of spiritual nourishment as well as our prayer (our communication with God) (Colossians 2:6-7; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Thessalonians
- 5:16-18; Hebrews 10:25).
We believe in:
- The work of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:22-23).
- The good news that we have discovered (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Engaging our culture to share the hope (Romans 10:14-17), the love (1 John 4:16 ) and the grace (Hebrews 4:16) which we have received.
- Teaching from the Word at church, and fellowship with one another (Colossians 2:6-7; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; Hebrews 10:25).
- The importance of being filled with the Spirit on a daily basis (Ephesians 2:22-23).