(Photo by Selma Komisky)
Buying for Gift-Zilla
By Hannah Jacob
We all have that one person [or maybe two or three] in our lives that never really likes any type of gift you give them. They might be polite off the back, but judging by their facial expression, you’re just like, “Gift-Zilla strikes again!”
I know some people that spend weeks thinking what to give their Gift-Zilla. I’ve collaborated with lots of my friends trying to figure out what to get and I’ve developed a thinking process along the way. So if you’re shopping for Gift-zilla this year, keep reading! I’ll help make it easier for you by going through my process together. Lets do this!
- Ask yourself these questions:
- Who are you buying for? [i.e. How old are they? Relative or friend?]
- What gender are they?
- Are they single, in a relationship, married?
- What activities do they like? *Look on the person’s Instagram if you don’t know. If it’s a person that doesn’t have social media, call them and ask what they’ve been up to lately
- Are they a foodie?
Once you’ve done this, you can probably just go on Amazon and go through their gift ideas for that person based off of these answers. If not, keep reading!
- Has the person hinted at anything they’ve wanted?
- Think of all the last conversations you’ve had with that person.
- Ask close friends and family if they’ve mentioned something they’ve wanted.
- Gift-Zilla still striking? Go for a go-to gift for [almost] anyone!
- Blankets… work for [almost] any female.
- Gift cards…. A Target card can make [almost] anyone happy
- Food (Make them something or even buy them a gift certificate to their favorite place!)
I once knew a friend that bought their mom beef (raw high quality beef) for Christmas because she loves to cook.
- Movie tickets
I’ve nailed quite a few Christmas gifts using the three step method and I hope you’ve come up with some idea for what to get your Gift-Zilla. Sometimes gift giving can be a daunting task and I hope that I’ve made it a little easier for you. Good luck to you my fellow gift giver!