(Photo by Selma Komisky)
How-To: Fall Activities
By Michelle Ochen
The leaves are colorful and falling, the weather is getting brisk, and the holidays are around the corner. How will you spend this season? Here are a few practical ideas of things to do this fall:
- Look up Psalm 19:1-4 and read about how creation declares God’s praise. Then, go on a walk and reflect on how the changing leaves and all the aspects of fall declare His praise.
- Bring out the kid in you by counting down the days to Thanksgiving! You can cut out pieces of construction paper and make a chain, then write down one thing you are thankful for each day from November 1st until you smell the turkey in the oven.
- There is nothing else quite like a pumpkin patch. Enjoy the country fun these events bring, pick out a pumpkin, go home, and carve away!
- Do you like to collect? Gather up one of each kind of leaves that are falling in your neighborhood.
- Snowing leaves? Who does not love the feeling of a huge pile of leaves falling down on them? Or jumping into a pile of freshly racked leaves? Release the inner kid, grab a rack, and have some fun with friends!
- Do a fall photo shoot with some friends or loved ones; no other season makes such a striking background as color changing leaves.